Wednesday 26 June 2013

Perfect Prom?

In a weeks time it will be the moment that every secondary school girl dreams about, well all except me of course. Prom. The time when sickeningly sweet dresses and glitter overpowers the ability to think with a, not so secret desire to look the best, most expensive and the most fake. Of course "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap" when else would it ever be socially acceptable to pay over £500 on a dress that you will only ever where once? (well except on your wedding day of course! Duh!) 

I will be honest, although I could moan for hours about being forced through this ordeal of heels and big hair, I will of course love it. It will be one of the last times that I will get to see the friends that I have known for the last 5 years of my life  and some I have been to school with since I was a small child. One of the only times in life that I will ever be seen in heels or a dress. Not only dose this mark the end of a school year, but the end of an era. It will be filled with reminiscing with friends, tears and 'Dad dancing' by the slightly drunk teachers.

 Bring on Gangnam style. Bring on the Glitter. Bring on prom 2013!

My outfit: 



-52 days of summer remaining

No comments:

Post a Comment