Tuesday 25 June 2013

An introduction

"You have both your youth and drive for life. Don't be stupid, use it well."


It seems that i'm at a cross roads in my life. Life before now was full of exams, stress and an "anythings possible" kind of attitude. Now? my monotonous days consist of waking up watching whatever drivel is on ITV at seven in the morning, constantly refreshing my twitter feed and counting down the hours until I can get back into bed and start the next day. Life is pointless with no meaning to it. Hence this has come about. If anything, the aim is to keep me sane this long summer.

This time next week I am to go and visit a potential school for September and for the most part I am both excited and wanting to cry with fear. It will be a huge change in many ways for me. Not only am I going from GCSE to A-level but also from a mixed comprehensive school to a boys grammar school (with mixed sixth form). My choice of school for September is one that still continues to play on my mind. Not only have I chosen one of the hardest school in the area to get into but also one that none of my close friends are going to. Why I do it to myself I will never know but I believe that sometimes in life you have to take the plunge into the water and  go for it, lets just hope that I swim not drown. I will forever ask myself why I cant go to the school with my friends like a normal person. Though this would of course be to easy and would not be enough of a challenge for me.
I was never much of an academic that is until about a year or two ago when I came to discoverer that I wanted to do more with my life then to go to collage and get a nine to five job in an office. This continues to be a shock for many because when people ask a 16 year old what they would like to do with their life they expect a cliche reply of hairdresser or nursery nurse. Although don't get me wrong, these are both respectable careers to go into and in fact have some great prospects, but just not for me. When people hear of me wanting to archive a doctorate in my life there is always a split second of both shock and the want to change the conversation as it seems people don't like speaking about  anything more then the 'norm' and anything above degree in alien to them. I should not get ahead of myself though, I'll get through my A levels first and then speak of degrees.
Before I left my history teacher spoke to the class, giving out the classic inspirational lines to us all and wishing us luck for our future. One thing that did stick with me though was that he said to us "This will be the longest summer or your life, the longest time that you will ever be off from work/school until retirement. You have both your youth and drive for life. Don't be stupid, use it well." I plan on living by this.




-53 days of summer remaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment